- Problems hearing over the telephone?
- Trouble following the conversation when two or more people are talking at the same time?
- Do you turn the TV volume up too high?
- Strain to understand conversation?
- Do you have trouble hearing in a noisy background?
- Asking people to repeat themselves?
- Do many people you talk to seem to mumble (or not speak clearly)?
- Misunderstand what others are saying and respond inappropriately?
- Trouble understanding the speech of women and children?
- Do people get annoyed because you misunderstand what they say?
If you or a loved one answered yes to three or more of the above questions, you may want to make an appointment with an audiologist for a hearing evaluation.
Hearing loss can be caused by something as simple as wax in your ears. Hearing loss due to noise exposure is preventable by wearing adequate ear protection and turning the volume down.
There is no cure for some hearing losses yet. However, current hearing aid technology is amazing. You can connect your hearing aids to your cell phone, your iPod, your baby monitor, your doorbell, your television, etc. The technology offers significant help in noisy backgrounds, in meetings, or wherever your life brings you.
Anybody who might be concerned about their hearing, can avail of a free hearing test at any Hidden Hearing branch nationwide. You can book a hearing test free of charge at any of Hidden Hearing’s 60 clinics nationwide. Freephone 1800 370 000 or visit www.hiddenhearing.ie.