RTÉ presenters Derek Mooney and Dr. Nina Byrnes today teamed up with superheroes Batman, Superman and Supergirl to launch the call for nominations for the ‘Hidden Hearing Heroes Awards 2012’ – Ireland’s awards for the Deaf and hard of hearing community.
Pictured L to R Noel Geraghty (Batman), Eva Smith (Supergirl), Stephen Leddy, Dr. Nina Byrnes, Callum Smith (Superman), Derek Mooney, Kevin Mulqueen
The search for the 2012 ‘heroes’ of the deaf and hard of hearing community will begin shortly as Hidden Hearing launches the call for nominations for the 2012 ‘Hidden Hearing Heroes Awards’ at the end of this month.
A joint initiative between Hidden Hearing and the Irish Deaf Society, the Heroes Awards honour those who are deaf or hard of hearing and have made a significant contribution to society, their community, workplace, family or through sporting excellence.
There are nine Award Categories in total this year:
- · Social Contribution Award – recognising contributions to society / communities
- · Workplace Award – an award for someone who has excelled in the workplace
- · Youth Award – for those aged between 6 – 18 who have achieved much in their young lives
- · Grandparent Award – nominations for a special grandparent
- · Sportsperson Award – recognising outstanding sporting achievement
- · Media Award – for a campaigner who has highlighted topics related to those who are Deaf or hard of hearing
- · Lifetime Achievement Award – for an individual who has played a key role over their lifetime.
- · Student Award – an award for a Deaf / hard of hearing student who has excelled at second or third level education.
- · Organisation Award – for an organisation that works on behalf of or in conjunction with Deaf / hard of hearing communities.
For more information go to the Hidden Heroes Nomination Page Click Here >